Sports Team Rules
- All sports physical forms and a parent permission form are required before a student may begin practice with a school team.
- All Cranbury School rules are in effect when students are involved in athletic teams, from 3:15 until the student athlete arrives home.
- All students must be in good academic standing to participate in a team sport.
- All team members are expected to:
- Follow coach's direction
- Respect the coach, teammates, opponents, bus driver, spectators, and school property
- Exhibit good sportsmanship
- Refrain from verbal threats, teasing, fighting, bullying, and any form of harassment
- Attend homework room before any sports practice
- attend all games, meets and practices unless excused by the coach
- Any infraction will result in a consequence, which could include suspension from a game or suspension from the team.
- The coach will determine an appropriate consequence for any inappropriate behavior.
- The vice principal will make the final decision regarding the consequence in “serious” breach of school/team rules.
- The student must attend at least a half‐day of school in order to participate in an athletic event after school.
- Athletes must travel to and from games on the school bus unless permission is granted from the coach to ride home with the parent or permitted adult. A parent permission slip is required for an athlete to ride home with someone other than his or her
- Athletes who need a ride home from school are to be picked up promptly when practices and games are over (within 15 minutes of a game or practice).
- Uniforms are the responsibility of the athlete. Any damage or loss will be assessed and paid to the school. The report card will be held until paid.
- Athletes are required to wear appropriate athletic clothing to practice – clothing that is not allowed in school is not allowed at
- Students are not allowed to leave school grounds during practice (an athlete may not leave school grounds).
- Athletes are required to notify the coach of an injury immediately.
- Two or more detentions in a school week may result in suspension from game play.
Locker rooms and P.E. office
- Athletes should report to practice with all books and belongings needed to go home after practice because no one is allowed to return to hall lockers after practice.
- Lock up all valuables.
- Gym bags and other personal property may not be left in the locker rooms overnight unless it is locked in the locker.
- Respect the property of other athletes in the locker room.
- Water bottles are provided to the athletes use during the season. It is the responsibility of the individual to have their own water bottle at practice and competitions.
- Athletes are not allowed in the P.E. office.
- With permission, the P.E. office phone may be used to call home.
Hallway and Gym
- Cleats and spikes may not be worn in the halls or gym. Athletes should put them on outside.
- It is not permissible to play with balls or equipment in the halls.
- Athletes are not allowed in the gym unless supervised by a coach.
- Students are not allowed in the hallways to get schoolbooks after 4:00pm.
- At 3:15 dismissal time, athletes may not leave the gym porch area until the buses have left.
- Athletes are not allowed to leave the school grounds to buy food.
- Healthy snacks can be eaten before practice. Food is not allowed during practice.
- No one is allowed to play in the parking lot.
- Hitting, throwing or kicking balls against the building is not permitted.
- Athletes may not attend another team’s practice.
- Students who are not a member of the team may not attend practice.
- Students who attend a game or competition must exhibit good behavior.
Travel to Village Park
- Athletes must go directly to the park with another teammate and not stop anywhere.
- The coach will bring the equipment in his/her car.
- Teams must remain in their designated area at the park.