At the start of the 2015-2016 school year, Cranbury Township School District embarked on a Strategic Planning process, an initiative that would help us design the best future for our students.
The first phase of the two-year process included the gathering of information from our stakeholders to help us understand different perspectives on what we are doing well and where we can improve. Parents, staff, students and members of the community were surveyed and were asked share their thoughts on our curriculum, the student climate in our school, our use of technology, professional development efforts and how well we engage with our community.
A Strategic Planning Committee was developed and included representation from parents, teachers, community members, students and Board of Education members (when available). The Committee reviewed survey data results and designed a new mission statement and core values and beliefs, which were adopted by the Board of Education on April 26, 2016 and are as follows:
The Cranbury School, the heart of our community, offers every student an opportunity to shine.
We inspire each other to build lives of intellectual curiosity and purpose.
While learning timeless skills, students develop character and confidence
to lead by example in a diverse and changing world.
- Optimal learning occurs when students and staff feel safe and welcome.
- Every student has unique intellectual, social, emotional and physical strengths that should be encouraged.
- Each child deserves a program that fosters growth, accounts for learning differences and sparks curiosity.
- Instruction must be relevant and appropriately challenging for each student.
- Excellence requires integrity, commitment, empathy and resilience.
- A technology-enriched, comprehensive curriculum prepares students for a competitive global society.
- Extra-curricular activities are vital to a student’s education, instilling a culture of creativity, teamwork, sportsmanship, and leadership.
- Students should demonstrate initiative and use their voice to actively engage in their learning and community.
- Students become productive citizens when provided experiences that foster an awareness and appreciation of diversity and social responsibility.
Open communication and collaboration between students, staff and the Cranbury community help us challenge each other to advance learning and personal development.
During the 2016-2017 school year, the Committee reconvened and completed Phase II of the Strategic Planning process, which included developing goals and objectives that will focus our work and efforts to move the district forward. Through this process, the following priorities were identified and activities have been formulated to address these areas over time.