General Bus Guidelines
General Bus Guidelines:
- Students must show respect for the driver at all times.
- Students must sit in assigned seats and remain seated, wearing seatbelts at all times.
- Students may talk quietly on the bus.
- Students must behave safely and respectfully on the bus, keeping their hands/feet to themselves at all times.
- All loose items should be safely secured on the bus.
- Students will keep their bodies and other objects inside the bus. Aisles should be kept clear at all times.
- Students must enter and leave the bus in an orderly manner.
- Students should proceed to move away from the bus quickly when exiting it.
- When crossing in front of the bus, students should walk ten feet in front of the bus and look at the driver for a signal to proceed.
- Students should inform the driver if a belonging falls on the ground near the bus.
- Students are not permitted to eat or drink on the bus. No exceptions can be made.
- While waiting for the bus, students must remain off the roadway and safely wait for the bus. Students should cautiously approach the bus once it comes to a complete stop.
- Older students are to be courteous and helpful to the younger students.
- Bus riders enter/exit through the Main Office lobby “crossroads” area.
Students are not permitted to change assigned buses or bus stops at any time. Students who are walkers are not permitted to travel on a bus with a bus rider.