Board Member Vacancy
BOARD OF EDUCATION VACANCY
The Cranbury Township Board of Education is seeking qualified candidates for membership to the Board. The Board, within the powers delegated to it by law, is the policy-making legislative branch of the School District.
This term will run until the board re-organizes in January 2021. The position will be placed on the ballot at the annual election the preceding November.
To become a member of a local board of education in New Jersey, you must—
- Be able to read and write
- Hold U.S. citizenship and one year’s residency in the school district
- Be registered to vote in the district
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the board
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body or, in the case of county school districts, the county governing body
- Not simultaneously hold two elective offices
- Not be disqualified from membership for the conviction of certain crimes. (Within 30 days of election or appointment to the board, a member must undergo a criminal history background investigation through the state Department of Education.)
Any qualified Cranbury Township resident interested in serving the children of our school district should submit a letter of interest to:
Business Administrator/Board Secretary
23 North Main Street
Letters of application will be accepted through Friday, January 24, 2020, until 12:00 p.m.
The Board of Education will review all qualifying applicants.
Interviews will be conducted on January 28, 2020.